Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Mallory!





Early morning January 2nd, 2009, Marc and I made the trip to the hospital to bring our daughter into the world. It was 2:30 AM and the contractions were unlike any pain I had ever had. By the time I checked into Labor and Delivery at Riverside, I was at 8cm and 100% effaced. I was granted my epidural immediately and after a total of 11 hours of labor and 1 hour of pushing, Mallory Allyn Poland was born at 7:24 AM at 7lbs 11ounces and 20 inches. I speak for both Marc and myself when I say this was the most rewarding expierience of our lives. To hold this beautiful little girl in our arms after nine months of waiting to meet her, it was impossible not to cry. She is perfect and beautiful and everything we thought she would be.

Grandma Sachs was in the delivery room with us and after she was born she was quickly greeted by Grandpa Morley, Grandma and Grandpa Preston, aunt Lori, and aunt Kelly. She also was able to meet Aunt Erin over the phone as she drove in from Chicago at 2:30 AM! Mallory was so excited to meet her new loving family.

Through out the day, Mallory received a lot of visitors. She met Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Morley, Uncle Dan, Grandpa Sachs, Aunt Erin, Uncle Mike, Cousin Ivan, Sarah, Brooke, Tiffany, Mark, Nancy, Andrea, and Mike. Thank you all for coming and sharing this special time with us and Mallory.

Today has been the best day of Marc and My lives and we are so happy to welcome our little miracle Mallory into the world.

No comments: