Friday, May 15, 2009

My first Mothers Day





My first Mothers Day was wonderful, memorable and very relaxing. I started my Mothers day the day before, on Saturday May 9th. I went to get my hair done and when I arrived home both Marc and Mallory were taking a nap. I took advantage of this time (seldom do I get quiet time with both the husband and the baby asleep) and started to pick up and clean around the house. I took the monitor from our bedroom so Marc could sleep a little longer and began my chores. To my astonishment, I got a good half hour of time before I started to hear that little whine coming from the monitor. Although I was enjoying the quiet time, I was secretly anticipating Mallory's little noises as I was excited to see her. I went up to her room and opened the door. Sitting there before me was a Jeep 3 wheeled stroller completely assembled with a card sitting in it. Mallory had gotten me a card and a stroller. Now, I know this is a completely selfish gift for her to give me, but you must understand how badly I have been wanting this stroller, I was so excited! He have trails through the woods in our neighborhood that our other stroller just couldn't cut it on, so this is very exciting for me!

Then, on actual Mothers Day, I got a beautiful card from my husband along with a family themed picture frame with a family picture in it. It was wonderful and beautiful and I loved it. Thank you Marc and Mallory for the thoughtful gifts. I love you both very much.

Next, we went to Grandma Preston's and had a very relaxing day. We stuffed our bellies, talked, laughed, and played outside. Ivan and Mallory were adorable again, and watching them together just made my day. However, the day wasn't quite complete until we arrived home and Mallory and I took a good 2 hour nap together on the over stuffed chair in the living room. So comfy and relaxing - I had a great mothers day.

I would also like to take this moment to recognize the great mothers in my family that have been amazing to me. So, thank you mom for your constant love and support. Thank you mom (Marty) for loving me and treating me like I was your own. Thank you Lori for being such an amazing mother and teaching me how to be a great mother to my child. Thank you Grandma (even though you don't have a computer and won't see this) for loving me unconditionally and helping to make my childhood amazing. I love you all and you are all amazing women and mothers. Happy Mothers Day.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Ahhh, thanks Kristen. I am now crying! I am glad you had a wonderful first Mother's day!