Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mommy Daughter Weekend Getaway

For the last couple weeks Aunt Erin and I have been attempting a weekend getaway for a sisterly bachorlette party before she is married. It seemed that every time we tried to get away, something would happen preventing us from actually going. Our original plan was to go to Michigan and rent a cottage, but with Erin's busy schedule and constant travelling for work, all she really needed was a weekend at home. So, I took a half day off on Friday and planned on driving to Chicago to keep her company. At the last minute and per her request, I decided to take Mallory with me. This was a win win, as Erin could spend time with her niece and Marc could paint the playroom and get it ready for it's makeover. So, Mallory and I jumped in the car and headed out. She was awesome in the car for me (I was worried since it would just be me) and we only had to stop twice on the way there and on the way home. We didn't do much which was exactly what we wanted to do :). Here are some pics from our mommy daughter trip.

Mallory made herself at home in Aunt Erin and Uncle Todd's new house. She loved exploring some place new.


Mallory and her buddy, uncle Todd.
Here are some snapshots from our afternoon in the park by their house. It was beautiful with all the leaves and sunshine.





Meet Cole. Cole is Erin's friends Amy and Andy's little boy. Only three months old, cute as a button and what a well behaved little boy!

We had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back to the big city.

No comments: