Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Raincoats do Nothing





Recently, Mallory and I were invited to go to COSI with Katherine and Liam on a Sunday afternoon. I was quite excited to take Mallory there because I had heard great things about the children's area. There are a ton of toys, playgrounds, and educational gizmo's for them to play with and keep them occupied.

I had also been told there was a water area where the children can play with toys in the water, watch water flow from one end to the other, and just splash around a little. Katherine advised me to bring an extra pair of clothes for Mallory and shoes. I packed these things, all the while thinking to myself that she wouldn't need them, she wouldn't get that wet. They were "just in case." I was wrong.

Mallory and Liam loved the "dry" area, which is where we decided to play first. I would have to say Mallory's favorite part was the machine that shot high pressures of air straight up, causing the little toy balls to hover and turn. She kept going back to that same spot over and over. After awhile, we decided to venture into the "wet" area. I saw that they provided raincoats in all sizes for the kids. I thought to myself, "see, they will be fine." Just an FYI if you take your child to COSI - the raincoats do nothing. Nothing. Mallory was soaked from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet. Thank God for Katherine, because without that change of clothes, I am not sure what we would have done.

2 comments:

Janice said...

I think the raincoats just keep the water IN! Emerson gets soaked too. Glad you had fun. We love COSI!

Katherine said...

They do do nothing - except provide extra cuteness!