Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Mid-Week Memories 06/16/2010





Another Wednesday with Ivan, Everett, and Aunt Lori. We had some more fun outside in the water and enjoyed more awake time with Everett. Mallory liked to pat his head (which made mom nervous) almost like he was one of the dogs at home. Ivan loves his brother and spent a lot of time watching him and very aware where he was and what he was doing. I think I see a lot of his mommy now when I look at him.

I think one of my favorite moments of the day was when Ivan approached me with an incredibly concerned look on his face.
Meekly, he looked up at me and said "Aunt Kristen?"
"Yes Ivan?" I replied,
"Um...Mallory isn't wearing any pants."
"That's right Ivan, Mallory is wearing a dress."
"Mommy says I have to wear pants..."
He was SO confused as to why Mallory wasn't wearing any pants. I think he still probably thinks I am a little off my rocker for putting Mallory in what to him was just an over sized shirt.

The kids played outside and inside while we took pictures and talked. It was a nice morning. Hopefully next week we can make it to the zoo...but with the humidity being the way it is, that may just be a wish. Until next time...wear pants.

No comments: