Monday, December 27, 2010

Getting Ready for Santa

This year, getting ready for Christmas I had a special little helper that made the season even brighter. Mallory was very confused by all the crazy decorations at first, but eventually loved seeing the house lit up in all it's glory. She insisted on helping me hang the garland and put out all the little decorations around the house.

Trying to introduce her to Santa and what he does wasn't the easiest task. She often looked at me puzzled when I explained that he would be bringing her presents. She did get to the point where she recognized who he was and would repeat "HO, HO, HO" every time she caught a glimpse of him. Unfortunately, Santa could not compare to Frosty this year. We bought the Christmas collection on DVD and Frosty quickly became Mallory's favorite. This obsession got to the point where she would ask to watch it immediately when she got up in the morning. She couldn't quite get his whole name down though - "Frosty the Snowman" became "Frosty THE MAN" which was quite comical. I laughed every time I heard "Momma, Frosty the Man?"




Going to pick out our Christmas Tree





No comments: