Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two Unexpected Days Off

Last week I had my usual Wednesday off and then received a call from the sitter that due to a flu bug that has been making it's way around the city, it was probably not a good idea to bring Mallory to her house on Thursday. I attempted to find another option, but when all was said and done, I had to take the day off and stay home with her. Although I didn't want to have to miss work, I took advantage of a situation that I had no control over and tried to make the most of the day with my little girl.

On Wednesday, the weather hit us hard so leaving the house was not something I was willing to do. So, we stayed in (got a bit stir crazy) but still had fun. One of the things we did was the Giraffe Puzzle. Mallory had been really into puzzles lately and the giraffe puzzle was the one she wanted to do. This particular puzzle was a gift at my baby shower and although it sat around for awhile, we are getting a lot of use out of it now!

On Thursday, we ventured out to the grocery (the house was near bare) and then we came back and attempted to clean. I gave Mallory a spray bottle of water to help and she did a great job and made sure just about every surface in the house got sprayed including the dogs, me, and her face. How I wish a spray bottle of water could make me laugh that hard!!





No comments: