Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Swimming on Fathers Day






Last Sunday on Fathers day, not only did we celebrate my wonderful husband and his fantastic fathering, but we also put Mallory in the pool for the very first time. Out at Grandma Preston's house, we slowly introduced Mallory to the pool with Aunt Kelly. I am sure it helped that Cousin Ivan and Uncle Mike were in the pool with them. She didn't even seem phased by the chilly water. It was almost like she was an old hat at it. She really didn't have much of a reaction. She borrowed Ivan's turtle and floated around the perimeter of the pool. I can't wait to take her swimming again. Maybe next time I will actually get in the water.



Happy Fathers day to all the amazing fathers out there who not only love and support their children and Grandchildren, but also help mold us into the people we are today.



On a special note, being Marc's first fathers day, I want to say thank you to him directly for all his patience and support as we attempt this parenting thing on our own for the first time. He has been there to help through everything. From the crazy pregnancy emotions, to the crying baby that we can't console. He has helped with diapers, baths, feeding, and crying. He is constantly there to help encourage me when I was doubting my parenting abilities as well bring me up when I was feeling down. He is an amazing father who can always make his little girl smile. Happy First Father's day Marc!

No comments: