Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On the Move!


So, it finally happened. She finally started to crawl. She was so close for what seemed like months. She would get on all fours, move her arms forward (as if she was going to crawl) but her legs didn't quite "jive" with her arms, causing her to plummet face first on to the ground. I was starting to wonder if she would ever crawl. She began to attempt to pull herself up on things and just scoot across the floor, which lead me to believe maybe this child would just always scoot and go straight to walking. But finally, she did it. It was last Saturday, September 19th and it was a normal afternoon. Nothing particular happened to make her crawl. No toy was being dangled just out of reach, no dog was laying there enticing her to move, nope. Nothing. I was just sitting on the couch and as I glanced down, I noticed my daughter was crawling across the room. Heading straight for the DVDs. I shrieked, and yelled for Marc to come see. It was pretty exciting. The next two days she wasn't as mobile as I thought she would be. It was almost as if she didn't know that she was in fact, able to move. She would crawl a little bit, stop and sit. Crawl a little, stop and sit. However, tonight there was a lot more movement. She went straight for the floor vents and the outlets (which I was warned, she would do). I still think attempting to push the buttons on the cable box, Wii, and DVD player are her favorite targets...for now.

I attempted to capture this on the camera, however, every time I went to take the picture, she would stop crawling and sit up and look at me. This was the best I could do...


Get out of my way. I have places to go, people to see!
Leaning in to start the crawl.
Destination reached! Books, watch out!
Oh, you wanna take a picture of me crawling? How about I stop, sit and stare at you instead?

On another note, there have been some great new personality characteristics that have started to show. Music. Mallory LOVES music. I don't know many babies who don't, but I just love to watch her dance. Marc will play the drum application on his iPhone and she will just move to the beat. Not too long ago, she started clapping to the music as well. Last weekend, we walked to the Market day down the road from us and there was a band there. The second they started playing, she began clapping in her stroller.

She also has started to eat a little more varieties of table food. This includes small pieces of bread, banana (mushed, of course) and cheerios. She LOVES cheerios. I have to monitor her while she eats them as she tends to stuff as many as she can into her mouth. This scares mommy. Some of her favorite baby foods include: Sweet Potatoes and Turkey, Apples and Chicken, and Peas. The child loves Peas! And, of course, any fruit you put in front of her.

And lastly, she has acquired her two top teeth! They haven't dropped all the way in, but they have both broke through the gums on top. This is a total of 5 teeth, three on the bottom and two on the top.

There is the latest and greatest on miss Mal. More to come... :c)

3 comments:

Lori said...

I knew she could do it! Watch out world, her comes Mal Mal!

Janice said...

I'm starting to see a resemblance to her cousin, Ivan!!! Maybe it's the hair...awfully cute!

Jason is sitting next to me, and asked me to pass along the message that he misses Mark!

Marty said...

way to go Mallory - I can wait to see you crawl - love grandma