Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekend with Great Grandma


Last weekend was dedicated to Great Grandma Morley. Mallory and I spent all day Saturday there and then most of Sunday morning. Marc traveled to Bloomington to go to the game, so Mallory and I spent most of our time visiting the Morley's. Erin and Todd tagged along and we just relaxed, watched the game, and talked with the Great Grandparents.

I grew up right around the corner from Grandma Morley's so you can imagine all the amazing memories I have with her. I literally crossed the street, jumped a fence and I was standing in her backyard. Her house is like home to me. Since my parents don't still live in the house I grew up in, this is the next best thing. As soon as I walk in the door, my muscles seem to fall, and just immediately relax. It is difficult to even sit on the couch without it engulfing me and me being so comfortable, so at peace, that I just fall asleep. Mallory must have felt the same way because she napped like she was at home while we were there. Sleeping 3+ hours without a peep in her pack in play. Impressive.

Looking around their house, the memories just pour into my mind. I can remember holidays, weekends, cookouts, overnights, and so much more. Over the weekend I sat and watched Mallory play. I watched her crawl around the house, exploring every twist and turn. I watched her smile up at Great Grandma and Grandpa and giggle as she attempted to push the buttons on their TV. I watched her roll the ball back and forth with Grandpa and no one else (I tried, but she would only do it with Great Grandpa!) As I watched all this, I felt so at peace and so happy that she was beginning to make the same kind of memories that I did in that very same house. It was such a comforting feeling that brought me right back to my childhood, sitting in the same room, playing with the same things.

Thank you Great Grandma and Grandpa for making those memories so special and helping build the same ones with Mallory. We love you.

I don't think this one fits Aunt Erin...
Great Grandma with her new favorite gift, the Snuggie!
Full shot of the Snuggie
Getting ready to watch the Buckeyes
Yummy
GO BUCKS!

No comments: