Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mid-week Memories 04/14/10






Last week I started my new alternate work schedule. I am working 4, 10 hour days with Wednesdays off. The change was more of a struggle then I thought it would be. Working from 7:00 until 5:30 everyday took its toll. I am off to work before Mallory gets out of bed and by the time I get her and get home, we eat, take a bath (if it is bath night) she goes to bed. Monday and Tuesday I was wondering if I would really like this new schedule. Then Wednesday came and I was home all day with my baby. We ran errands, played outside, and spent some quality time together. Suddenly, the four 10 hour days seemed worth it.

Since I haven't been updating the blog as much as I would like, I decided to attempt to document my Wednesday's each week with pictures and activities. I am hoping to do different things with her each week worth documenting :)

Today was full of appointments, but we still had fun. We woke up, ate breakfast and did a little coloring, but we had many errands to run. First, we went to her well visit at the pediatricians office. I am happy to report that Mallory is in great health and right on track developmentally. She is 33 inches long - still off the charts in height, 22 lbs and in the 50th percentile for weight, and her head is 46 cm in circumference and in the 90th percentile. Second, we went to my final Physical Therapy appointment and lastly headed to the grocery. By the time we got home, it was time for lunch. She ate lunch and then we played outside until nap time.

In the evening, we played outside some more while daddy grilled chicken breasts. Mallory loves going into the garage and getting out the football and basketball and then proceeding to chase them around the yard while constantly pointing and yelling "ball!" Our house is also known as the "cut through house" as everyone cuts through the front yard on their bike rides or walks into the next neighborhood (there is even a pathway for them) so Mallory loved saying "hi" and waving to everyone that passed through. After dinner, we concluded our day with a walk around the neighborhood. Although it wasn't incredibly exciting, it was a beautiful day to just spend time with her and play outside.

**Stay tuned for mid May Wednesday memories. Mallory and I have plans to spend every Wednesday with her new Cousin when he arrives!! **

1 comment:

Lori said...

We can't wait to be a part of your "Mid-week Memories"