Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mid-Week Memories 07/28/2010

Back to the zoo on this edition of Mid-Week memories. Not so sure it was a bright idea, however. The heat index was nearing 100 and it was packed. Nonetheless, we packed everything up and headed out to the zoo. Grandma Sachs joined us and we got there around 10:00 AM. We immediately headed toward the Polar Bears, the newest exhibit at the zoo. The Polar Frontier was packed with more kids then I think I have ever seen in one place at one time. Needless to say, we didn't see any Polar Bears.

Next stop was the petting zoo. I was hesitant about letting her out of the stroller to pet the animals, but after my mom explained to me how much I LOVED the petting zoo when I was little and that the goats were my absolute FAVORITE I decided to give it a go. So...I let her out of the stroller and watched her stamper into the petting zoo pen. Mallory started running and to my surprise ran right by the sheep....right by the goats...right by the ponies...straight to the hay. There was not much petting going on at all. There was a group of 6 or so goats munching on a pile of hay, and there was Mallory, standing right there in their circle playing with the hay. The only real reaction we got was her pointing at the goats and exclaiming "Mo! Mo!" No honey, those goats are not our dog at home, they are goats.

Here are some snapshots from our adventure...








No comments: