Friday, July 30, 2010

Staying Inside the Lines and Cleaning Up


Mallory has developed a slight obsession with all things coloring. First thing she wants after breakfast is her Dora coloring book and crayons. I know this because she will point to it and exclaim "Dooa.....Boots!" In addition to the coloring book, she loves the sidewalk chalk. We will go outside and she will tote around her little bucket of chalk and draw all over the driveway. Well, not only the driveway - the sidewalk, the slide, the garage floor - everything. I have to stop her from drawing on the siding of the house.

As we were playing with the sidewalk chalk, she disappeared into the garage. I walked around to see what she was up to and she had grabbed the broom. She then proceeded to take it to the front porch and sweep up the excess leaves that surrounded the door. I could not stop laughing. She was very serious and determined to sweep up the leaves and keep the area tidy. I will admit, I am sure Marc and I will enjoy having an extra hand around the house to pick up!











2 comments:

Katherine said...

Hee - Liam tried to swiffer our walls the other day!

Marty said...

I miss her