Monday, July 12, 2010

Boating at Alum Creek

Edie came back in town over the Fourth of July and invited Mallory & I to go out on her parents boat the Monday after the Fourth. I wasn't sure if we could make it considering we didn't have a life jacket. However, I knew we needed to get one for our upcoming trip to Cape Cod in August, so Edie picked one up for us and we headed out to Alum Creek early Monday morning.

Mallory lasted a lot longer then I thought. I was thinking 1 hour tops, but we didn't get home until around 12:30! Mallory was a trooper and really enjoyed herself.

When we first got aboard the boat, Mallory was skeptical, unsure, and unstable. She hated her life jacket and when the boat wasn't moving she got quite cranky. However, the moment the boat started speeding through the water, she laughed and smiled and closed her eyes while the wind blew through her hair. After a small ride, Edie got in the water and did some Wake Boarding while Mallory and I watched. She loved watching Edie surf the wake. She would point and shriek with excitement.

After riding around for awhile, we docked the boat and went swimming at the beach. This child loves the water and could spend the entire day just splashing in the lake with Edie and I. After this adventure I think that Mallory will be ready for the ferry to Martha's Vineyard in August, no problem!




No comments: