Thursday, September 23, 2010

Babies & Football

I always pictured Mallory more of a tomboy. I am not sure why, but I just always have. Maybe it is her fascination with dirt, worms, and mud. Maybe it is because she looks a little out of place all dolled up. Or maybe it is because she loves playing with her toy cars. Whatever the reason is, I never thought that she would be into baby dolls - especially at this age. I was wrong. Mallory LOVES her baby.

The sitter informed me of her obsession with the stroller several weeks before I broke down and bought her one. Then, after seeing pictures of her playing baby dolls with the other girls, I knew we needed a baby doll. She already had one from Grandma Preston that she would hug and kiss and rock, but she got another one to make a family of three. She talks to her baby, feeds her baby, changes her diaper, and even drops her off and picks her up. She will always drop the baby off with Daddy (apparently she doesn't trust me) and then scream "bye Dada! Bye Mama! Bye Baby!" and walk the stroller around the kitchen and dining room only to loop around and pick the baby up again. This can go on all night at times.

In addition to the baby, Daddy and her went to the mall one afternoon and came back with a Brown's football that she apparently picked out (tomboy?) That evening, we hiked her the ball, threw it, and chased he down. I think she is getting the concept of football now, especially when Daddy tackles her. She doesn't put up much a fight, but I am pretty sure being tackled is her favorite part of the game.


Just picking the baby up from the sitter (Daddy)
Giving baby a much needed hug
Time to fee baby!
Playing football with Daddy
And she's down!

1 comment:

The Lomax Family said...

I think she can still be a tomboy and like baby dolls. Ivan likes baby dolls and wants to be a princess-and I think that is completely normal :) No wonder they get along so well, they are both confused!