Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Sunny Days of Vacation

Ahhh...sun. See, there was eventually some sunny days on our trip to the Cape.

Mallory was fearless when it came to the ocean. We went to Lighthouse Beach and set up camp not sure what she would do. Last year at the beach, she was frightened of the ocean and preferred to just sit in her little beach tent and play in the sand. This year however, she ran fearlessly toward the water. In fact, I think if we weren't there to hold her back she would have dove in head first.

One of my favorite things in the entire world is swimming in the ocean. I know you either love it or you hate it, but the mystery of not knowing what is swimming around me does not bother me. If I can't see it, it isn't there, right? This trip was different. No swimming in the ocean for me. It wasn't because there were Great White Shark sightings all over the Cape either. No, that water was FREEZING. I am not sure how Mallory bared to even put her toes in it. I remember the water always being colder up there, but I still remember swimming in the ocean with my brother and sister when we were younger. There is no way I was getting in that water without a wet suit. I am sure Mallory would have if I would have let her, and I still can't fathom how.

So, to wrap up our vacation pics, here are some sunny day memories. Can't wait until the next family vacation :)





No comments: