Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heritage Museum in Sandwich, MA



One day trip on our vacation was to the Heritage Museum in Sandwich, MA. Still located on the Cape, but over an hour drive away from Chatham where we were staying. When I heard the word "Museum" I shuddered, picturing Mallory run a muck through a breakable, quiet, room. However, my aunt assured me it was a great idea and I heard the work "carousel" which immediately perked me up. So, we made the journey and prepared ourselves for the unknown.

Heritage Museum was beautiful. Although it was cloudy, the sun did decide to finally show itself later in the day. It was all outdoors and filled with beautiful gardens, plants, and waterfalls. There were indoor sections as well, including the carousel, the automobile museum, and some other collectable pieces for viewing.

Mallory did very well and had a great time. I am pretty sure riding the horse on the carousel with mom was the best part. A constant smile streamed across her face as daddy attempted to capture the moment in a picture.




Can you tell Aunt Linda is a retired art teacher?


Deep Thoughts; by Dan Morley
Playing some music in Hidden Hollow
The Maze at Heritage

No comments: