Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Rainy Days of Vacation




2010 vacation has been planned since January. The plan was simple. Aunt EE (this is what Mallory calls her now) & Uncle Todd would head out to Grauntie Linda's house in Chatham, MA (On Cape Cod) on Thursday, 08/19 and stay for a long weekend to leave on Monday, 08/23. Marc, Mallory, and I would show up Saturday, 08/21 and stay for a week, through 08/28. Grandma Sachs & Uncle Dan, where scheduled to show up Tuesday, 08/24 and stay for a week, leaving Tuesday, 08/31. The plan was solid. The plan was good. The plan would lead us to cold and rainy days.

I know there is no way of knowing what the weather will be. I know that it is something that we cannot control. But it was so upsetting! We still had fun, don't get me wrong, but to have 4 of your 7 days being rain and chilly weather (in the 50s) is somewhat disconcerting.

I will say the sunny days were beautiful (more pics to come) but I thought we would start out with the rainy day pictures. It was hard to keep ourselves busy, but we managed. We did some shopping while it sprinkled, took some walks when the rain let up, and even played at the public library that had a wonderful children's section. I will say that even in the rain, Cape Cod is beautiful. Something about New England has always made me stop in my tracks. The scenery is beautiful - full of little cottages, unique store fronts, sailboats galore! So much simplicity in such a neat place.










No comments: